Tailored Day Services offers a variety of opportunities to adults with disabilities 18 years of age and older. Services are available through the San Diego Regional Center (15 hours per week) and private pay (no hour limit). Meet with our staff to develop an individually customized program that will meet your family member's preferences.
Individually Tailored Services Include:
Individuals gain practical experience by participating in integrated paid or volunteer work in the community.
- Job exploration
- Vocational training
- Volunteer opportunities
Supporting individuals in their pursuit of attending college, adult education programs, continued education, or trade schools.
- Enrollment and selection of courses and/or programs
- Accessing Disabled Student Services
- Participating in campus life
- Attending classes
- Completing course work and assignments
Socialization and Recreation for Adults with Disabilities
Participating in community opportunities using natural environments, offering integrated socialization experiences.
- Assertiveness and initiative training
- Personal safety training
- Interpersonal relationship development
- Problem solving
- Recreational and leisure activities in the community
Independent Living Skills
Providing support and training that allows invidividuals to develop the necessary skills to live and thrive on their own.
- Household and money management (paying bills/rent, cooking healthy meals, and maintaining a home)
- Maintaining health by accessing medical/dental services
- Accessing community resources (using public transportation, personal shopping, and generic resources)
Services are offered 7 days
a week from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
*Specific hours and days may vary based on the program options selected by the individual (with the exception of 14 days per year that services will not be available).
For more information, please contact Melanie McCoy at (619) 685-1175 ext. 290 or via email.